MIGRATING A BLOG FROM P-MACHINE PRO 2.0 TO WORDPRESS
I’m very glad right now knowing that my modification script is successfully migrate all the pmachine content to wordpress. Actually I have looking forward for this issues for many years ago. Since the spamguard of pmachine that seems not working at all.
Yesterday, all my mate at Yogya Online Community called Lesehan ask me to update the system of our website. I reconsider to learn the migrating script that i have had before. Luckily i found this website of Jaanus, so I just need to modif here and there from Fabian Rodriguez script.
Finally, this is the script. You may download it here, without any permission for using it :) Well, nothing really different between my script and Jaanus script, but I made a little bit modification on “member” part. And also on the trackback and pingback section.
Well.. I think enough for today, I hope this script will help you to move your blog from your old pmachine to this great CMS (Wordpress).
ps. this script only work at Wordpress 1.5 and elder version. So I’m sugesting you to use WP1.5 and upgrade it later.
vale, for health and wealth
El simbah, smoking cigarette nicely
- Export your pmachine database (tables), and then dump it to your new wordpress database.
- Rename import_pmachine23.phps to import_pmachine23.php and put it in wp-admin folder. Edit the database part (PM_database and so on) to suit your database setting.
- Browse http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/import_pmachine23.php
- Voila! it’s done! :D but.. slow down mate..
- Open your phpmyadmin and open the wp_options table data, edit the site_url to your url. Actually I can make the script to alter the database from your wp setting to pm setting, but I dont think I have much time now (even actually it just a small script.. yea yea yea.. im a lazy boy) :D